“Your sugar! Yes please! Won’t you come and put it down on me.…need a little sweetness in my life….”Maroon 5
Heard this famous song by the maroon 5? It talks about love and here I am using this song to speak of my love for this “Sugar Matte As Hell Crayon Lipstick“. This is the only brand I adore when it comes to ‘Darker shades’, as it has just the right one’s. So, here is Sugar Matte As Hell Crayon Lipstick Review
Sugar Matte As Hell Crayon Lipstick claims that it gives excellent coverage and high colour and that it has a soft and silky matte finish. The packaging states that 3 poison ivy is a classic shade which adds a touch of mystery to one’s entire look. This comes with a sharpener too. Keep reading below to know the sugar sweet tale of mine.
- Shelf Life : 2 years from the date of manufacture
- Color : Dark Maroon with a tinge of red
- Fragrance : Smells like candle wax
This finger-sized crayon stick comes with a black lid-cap covering the crayon, along with a sharpener which is enclosed in a paper wrap.
How to apply Sugar Matte As Hell Crayon Lipstick
This lipstick is like a crayon, so apply it on your lips like you always do with lipsticks and blot it further for best results. (Sharpen the crayon stick when it gets dull).
My Experience with Sugar Matte As Hell Crayon Lipstick
I got a last minute invite for a traditional function and it was themed to be ethnic wear. I was still trying to decide what to wear and how to apply make up as I had very little time for any tedious process of make up. So, I decided to wear an Indian attire and got all dressed up. But, something was missing. My face looked dull and boring even after all my efforts. That’s when I realised that there is a dark maroon shade sugar matte crayon lying unused in my cosmetic tray.
It was simply smooth and just the perfect dark colour which blended with my skin tone and my outfit. I didn’t have to worry doing anything extra for the lips because this crayon gave just the right amount of matte finish to my lips and look. It felt like the best choice made in that moment and I had no regrets. It was only a row of compliments after that, thanks to the lip shade. Have been using this ever since for all my ethnic wear.
Best time to apply Sugar Matte As Hell Crayon Lipstick
This shade looks best during mid-day or your well-planned evenings.
- The length of the crayon is the best part. Easy to hold and apply evenly.
- Highly pigmented.
- Super long lasting.
- The lipstick, although matte finish, can get a little smudgy.
- The Sharpener, although crafted to suit the lipstick, doesn’t give a good edge.
- It is priced higher from it’s counterparts.
- If you are someone who has tanned or dusky skin tone, this colour just enhances your look. For the wheatish skinned, this colour is a little too dark. So, go for this only if you like dark grape lips. I would still recommend this product, but the only let down is that sharpener.
- Our Ratings : 8.5/10 (Extra points for the color shade)
- Price : INR 899/ 2.8gm
Where to Buy Sugar Matte As Hell Crayon Lipstick
Dimenthicone, diisostearyl, malate, synthetic wax, distarch, phosphate, polubutene, dimethicone, crosspolymer, caprylyl methicone, dimethylimidazolidinone, rice starch, glyceryl caprylate, pentaerythrityl tetra di t butyl, hydroxydrocinnamate, silica, isoceteth-10
She is an artist by passion and a tax practitioner by profession. She believes that less is always more. Dancing is one of her many talents and she is also a yoga enthusiast who follows simplicity as the way of life.